I enjoy pretty much everything there is that has to do with the outdoors. Some of my most peaceful moments have been while walking through the forest, sitting on a beach, or boating (minus the loud engine). Accordingly I have a great respect for nature and enjoy learning about the plants and wildlife therein. My plan is to continue that learning process and hopefully enhance it by sharing what I learn. I intend for this blog to serve many purposes, but in the immediate future it will be a place for me, and hopefully others, to share ideas about reducing our individual impact on this planet, protecting wild spaces, and in general just to comment on the things we enjoy most in the great outdoors. I welcome all opinions as otherwise you cannot consider every aspect of a subject. However, I would ask that every opinion be expressed in a respectful way and considered with an open mind. Often there is no single right answer. Thanks.







Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Where did the day go?

Well today flew by and I just spent over 20 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't create a new post. Now that it's sorted I'm pretty much done for the day. A note with regard to yesterday's blog. I just read a media release from the CRD dated December 10, 2010. The CRD Board has decided to delay the implementation of the kitchen scraps collection program until late 2013.

Oh, and the alien species exhibit is still at the museum so I did not miss it - yay! Off to the Royal BC Museum tomorrow morning and, as a side bonus, it is entry by donation week.

No comments:

Post a Comment